Wednesday, November 25, 2009

THANKSgiving

In the midst of my work overload and the most stressful week of my semester, I find it necessary to take the time out to recognize that tomorrow is Thanksgiving! And I have a lot to be thankful for. I'm thankful...

-for my 44 awesome new friends :)
-getting to travel around Europe for a whole semester, Spain, Italy, Germany, Belgium, Denmark, Sweden, all within 3 months, wow!
-that I'm in Denmark, the happiest country in the world. I don't even mind that it's dark and rainy, I'm halfway across the world, living in a country I never thought I would even visit. It's an experience of a lifetime.
-I'm going home for Christmas. I want to be strong and independent but sometimes you just want your mommy after a semester of living off spaghetti.
-for my best friends <3
-for being bored in Denmark, I have found a new calling, baking!
-this is the first time I've been in another country by myself, and I'm still alive, kudos to me!
-I discovered nutella ^.^
-I'm going to Hong Kong....what more do I need to say?

I guess in short, for all the ups and downs of this year, from anticipating going abroad for a year, to the nervousness and sadness of leaving my friends and family at home, to the exciting arrival in Denmark, to meeting my Globemates, to exploring Europe, to missing home and all my friends, to being happy to be where I am, it's been a crazy year, but I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Hope everyone can take some time to be thankful for everything in your lives. Happy Turkey Day!!

1 comment: