Friday, October 30, 2009

Nutella, Hi Friend :)

Current Status: Nutella + Digestive Crackers are sprawled all over my desk. The addiction is due to extremely high oreo prices...

I have found a couple new addictions lately, funny thing is traveling has not been one of them. I have been enjoying being in Copenhagen and living life here for a change. Lately I've loved baking- oatmeal cookies and apple crisps, ridiculously easy and delicious recipes. I've also been obsessed with Nutella, my European jelly substitute, not because there is no jelly here, it's just that I now discovered how AMAZING Nutella is. I'm pretty sure I had a nutella and peanut butter sandwich everyday last week, it's like a reeses cup in a sandwich :) I've also been in love with fruit since I've gotten here, I've even been eating bananas and tomatoes, foods I rarely choose at home. Also, the "Danish" fast food, a fransk hotdog, basically a really long hot dog in a loaf of french bread. Delicious, eat it at least once a week, I'm not even a big fan of hotdogs, but I am glad I found one Danish food I can enjoy. Rye bread is not one of them. Who knows what's with the change in my food choices, but you eat what you can find that is familiar and learn to improvise with what you have. I miss being able to find all the ingredients I need for baking in the grocery store. I would love to bake a pumpkin pie for the fall, but canned pumpkin is not big here, thus impossible to find.

So as I realize now over half my time in Copenhagen is over...that is insane, I still remember anticipating coming here. I know I will definitely miss this place, though I love home. And it's just nice to be able to live in a completely different place I never expected to put myself. I can definitely appreciate the suttle differences between living here and at home. Even though everyone here speaks English, it's quite interesting to walk around hearing all the Danish and being able to pick apart Danes and tourists. The fashion here is also a lot more interesting, even if it may not be my style. The tight skinny jeans the guys wear to the millions of styles of boots I've seen around town make Copenhagen a fun place to just look around. I realized I had no pictures of activities in Copenhagen from the month of September and most of October, so I'm trying to be more Asian in that aspect. I want to remember this place I called home for a semester, who knows when I will ever be back in Copenhagen again? Can't wait for home in December, but I'm trying to appreciate where I'm at for now...

1 comment:

  1. hmm, dont think i've ever had nutella, but i guess I'll have to try it when you come visit :) miss you tons and thanks for the post. you'd be surprised to see that everyone wears skinny jeans and boots here now too. i need another pair of skinny jeans lol ;) you can help me pick some when you visit

    ReplyDelete