Thursday, April 15, 2010

SOHO-HK


Back from a night of Soho dinner and amazing Hong Kong views. Dinner at Tivo, a quaint little restaurant/bar with dim lighting, comfy seats, a sophisticated atmosphere and great food. After a nice dinner, we head to the top of the LKF Hotel, here sits Azure, one of the top ten recommended rooftop bars you must see. For a night that started out rainy and cold, we had the best luck getting a breathtaking view. The bar was great-classy and chill (minus the randos-like the middle aged couple very openly making out and groping...). Soho is definitely the place for good food and nice atmosphere.

Last weekend I spent my Sunday with Marie(who's pics i'm stealing for this post b/c her camera is way more awesome than mine) in SOHO getting our hair done. Started off with breakfast at Tai Cheong- the home of the the infamous pie crust egg tart. Though it was a good egg tart I can't see it being the best in HK as the reviews say. I would give it a solid 7, assuming 1 is still acceptable. Wandering around and needing a drink, went for a small random shop that sold pantyhose milk tea. It was really good milk tea, so I did a double take of the shop name and realized it was Lan Fong Yuen, one of the top 3 places for milk tea on my HK To Do list. Check!


After my hair was all done, waiting for Marie, I did some exploring around Central and realized about half of my must go to restaurants are located in Central. That area has the perfect mix of city chic-uptown style, low key cozy corners, and classic Hong Kong food stores and markets. If only I had lived here!! Our lunch choice was a the Brunch Club, had to hike up those LKF stairs, but it was well worth it. A tiny restaurant with couches and a magazine wall had an impressive variety on its menu and oh so tempting dessert menu. I had the mushroom risotto with chicken- delicious. The place was a great lunch spot for hanging out with a few friends.

Looking forward to more Soho adventures in my last month!

No comments:

Post a Comment