Thursday, September 24, 2009

A month flies when you don't know where in the world you are...

One month and 8 days later, my first post, I've been a little distracted trying to organize my life. Wow, I can't believe I've been here for so long, it feels like I just got here because there is so much I haven't gotten a chance to see, but then I think back on everything I have seen and it's pretty awesome. I'd love to share everything about Barcelona, my first GLOBE class, and my travel plans, but I guess I should start off by introducing everyone to my new home for the rest of the year.


My plane ride over here was the first time I crossed the Atlantic Ocean. I have to admit, when in the middle of the Atlantic 37,000 feet in the air with 4 hours before hitting land on either side, I got a tad nervous and wondered what the hell I was getting myself into. Of course I knew this year and a half would be exciting and unforgettable, but I don't think I put any serious thought into what I would be seeing and experiencing here.



So just a quick summary for the kids who are geographically challenged (don't worry, I am one of them), I currently reside in one of the Scandinavian countries, Denmark, and am living in the capital, Copenhagen. I will be here until December attending Copenhagen Business School, one of the largest business schools in northern Europe. The school is very modern and internationally friendly, as all of the kids that live in my hall are from different parts of Europe and I meet internationals at school on a daily basis.

CBS is actually in Frederiksburg, but I live in the city of Copenhagen. It's about 3 metro stops away from school, but 15 min walk to the city center where there are many tourist sites, bars, and restaurants. I love living in the city even though it is a tad far from school. Walking home on the cobblestone paths, passing bakeries, gorgeous buildings, and famous landmarks everyday is quite relaxing and unique from being at home.




I live just down the street in the picture. Hammerensgade is the street name. My dorm is really residential housing, with the bottom 2 floors rented to CBS as dorm style housing. In my building are 6 American Globe boys and me, 4 boys on the 2nd floor and 2 boys and me on the first floor. On my floor there are 8 people. We all share 2 bathrooms and a kitchen at the end of the hall. My dorm is one of the farthest from school but because so many of the Americans live here, our dorm has become a prime spot for dinner parties and hanging out. I love where I live, I have my own room, people nearby, and am generally in a great location to the city life.


I regret I do not have pictures that adequately accomodate this post, Asian fail on my part...I will do better in my next post...What have I been doing in Copenhagen?? See you guys next time :)

1 comment:

  1. Yes, there is definitely some Asian fail here.... jk. Actually this is a really descriptive. If I had to blog about what I was doing, I'd probably get a.d.d. and write a really descriptive first paragraph and then just quit. Anyway, it sounds like you're having a really good time over there.

    Oh, and this is Peter, just in case you don't know who is writing this comment(actually I don't know how you would)

    ReplyDelete